- Sprint Electronic Recycling and Food Recovery Programs to be Honored by EPA Region 7 as Nation Observes Earth Day, April 22
- South Greene High School and DeBusk Elementary School in Greeneville, Tenn. Named Top Finishers in Energy Star National Building Competition
- University of Florida's Physical Plant Division Central Stores in Gainesville, Fla. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
- UNC-Chapel Hill Bioinformatics Building in Chapel Hill, N.C. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
- West Middle School in Shelbyville, KY Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
Water is essential to all living things. Especially in the arid Southwest, it is important that we conserve water.
Our Actions Matter! You can help conserve water.
- Use National Geographic's Water Footprint Calculator to find out how much water you use compared to the average person in the U.S.- and pledge to reduce your use.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or wash dishes.
- Wash clothes only when you have a full load of laundry.
- Xeriscape your yard with plants that thrive in dry climates.
- Replace your showerheads and toilets with low-flow models.
Many citys and counties offer rebates for making these changes. Vist the City Of Albuquerque's website for more details and information.
For more ideas, check out 100 Ways to Conserve.