- Two New England Businesses Recognized by EPA for Climate Leadership
- THURSDAY: U.S. EPA Administrator to Travel to Houston for Energy Keynote
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy To Travel To North Dakota To Discuss Energy Opportunities And The Environment
- EPA Revises Permitting Guidance for Using Diesel Fuel in Oil and Gas Hydraulic Fracturing
- EPA Tips to Help Reduce Health Concerns and Improve Efficiency When Using Wood Heaters
Did you know?
Forests in Africa are destroyed when people mine for coltan, a metallic ore used to make new cell phones and other electronics. In the U.S., more than 500 million discarded cell phones sit in drawers or worse, in our landfills. Another 130 million phones will be added this year alone!
The City of Albuquerque has several electronics or "e-waste" recycling days each year. Visit the Solid Waste Department website for details.