- EPA Awards $700,000 to UMass Amherst for Environmental Health Research for Tribal Communities
- EPA Administrator McCarthy to attend Commission on Environmental Cooperation
- 151 New England Buildings compete in EPA’s 5th Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings
- Oak Ridge Becomes Southeast’s First Green Power Community
- More than 5,500 buildings to compete in EPA’s Fifth-Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings/Commercial buildings around the US are in a race to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Did you know?
Forests in Africa are destroyed when people mine for coltan, a metallic ore used to make new cell phones and other electronics. In the U.S., more than 500 million discarded cell phones sit in drawers or worse, in our landfills. Another 130 million phones will be added this year alone!
The City of Albuquerque has several electronics or "e-waste" recycling days each year. Visit the Solid Waste Department website for details.