- Harvard University Recognizes EPA Renewable Energy Program as a Top Government Innovation
- EPA to Recognize St. Louis Cardinals for Reducing Food Waste at Busch Stadium on Monday, April 29
- Bloomfield, New Jersey Elementary School Wins "Battle of the Buildings"
- Craigmont High School in Memphis, Tenn. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
- North Carolina Area Health Education Center Building in Chapel Hill, N.C. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
Did you know?
Forests in Africa are destroyed when people mine for coltan, a metallic ore used to make new cell phones and other electronics. In the U.S., more than 500 million discarded cell phones sit in drawers or worse, in our landfills. Another 130 million phones will be added this year alone!
The City of Albuquerque has several electronics or "e-waste" recycling days each year. Visit the Solid Waste Department website for details.