- EPA Administrator McCarthy to attend Commission on Environmental Cooperation
- 151 New England Buildings compete in EPA’s 5th Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings
- Oak Ridge Becomes Southeast’s First Green Power Community
- More than 5,500 buildings to compete in EPA’s Fifth-Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings/Commercial buildings around the US are in a race to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- EPA and Partners Celebrate Nation’s Largest Federally Owned Wind Farm; Site near Amarillo now generates power for nearby plant
Choose Pets Carefully
When you choose your next pet, make sure you choose an animal that's a good fit for your family and a sustainable choice for the environment.
Dogs and Cats
These animals have been living with humans for thousands of years and make great pets! There are many dogs and cats that need homes. The City of Albuquerque's Animal Welfare Department is good place to start looking.
Nearly 1/3 of all parrot species are threatened in the wild. For every parrot taken from the wild to become a pet, three parrots died in the process.
If you decide to get a parrot, be sure you can take care of it for many years (some parrots live over 80 years) and that you purchase it from a reputable breeder.