- EPA Awards $700,000 to UMass Amherst for Environmental Health Research for Tribal Communities
- EPA Administrator McCarthy to attend Commission on Environmental Cooperation
- 151 New England Buildings compete in EPA’s 5th Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings
- Oak Ridge Becomes Southeast’s First Green Power Community
- More than 5,500 buildings to compete in EPA’s Fifth-Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings/Commercial buildings around the US are in a race to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
How Do I Help?
Each day, we have the chance to make dozens of decisions to conserve.
- Wake up and take a quick shower.
- Adjust thermostat so house isn't heated/cooled while away.
- Lights off? Yep!
- Walk to school and bike to work for excercise and conservation.
- Use both sides of paper and recycle when I'm done.
- Lunch is salad from a local farmer and tuna fish from a sustainable population.
- Drinking water out of my reuseable cup.
- At the store. Paper or plastic? Neither - I brought my own bag.
- Closed fridge right after pulling out supplies for dinner.
- Found a leaky faucet and fixed it.
- Turned off water while I brushed my teeth.
- Good night!
These kinds of everyday actions add up and have a big impact on the health of our planet.
You have the power to make a difference!