- Harvard University Recognizes EPA Renewable Energy Program as a Top Government Innovation
- EPA to Recognize St. Louis Cardinals for Reducing Food Waste at Busch Stadium on Monday, April 29
- Bloomfield, New Jersey Elementary School Wins "Battle of the Buildings"
- Craigmont High School in Memphis, Tenn. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
- North Carolina Area Health Education Center Building in Chapel Hill, N.C. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
Author: C. Drew Harvell
Source: The New York Times
February 1, 2013
It was hardly a cheerful group that settled onto the flight from Ujung Padang (also known as Makassar, Sulawesi) to Biak, Papua, at 1:30 in the morning, nor that trooped off the plane 2 1/2 hours later. But we snapped awake when we reached the hotel at 5 a.m. to find grass-skirted, bare-chested and head-dressed men gathered in a lovely old Kipling-esque hotel, signaling that we had reached a remote place in the world.